Matchday at The Stoop are where the Harlequins’ spirit really comes to life. For each visiting group, the Harlequins Community Department’s aim is to make it an extremely special day that they would not be able to experience anywhere else. Each package we offer is tailored to the individual group to make it a really personal experience. In the past we have had groups come from the local area, from further afield in the UK and also from abroad.
We offer a 90 minute pre match coaching clinic that is delivered by our vastly experienced, qualified and passionate community coaches. The sessions can be bespoke to your group and focus on any area of the game that you see fit. Previous sessions have included anything from decision making games to specific unit set piece work in preparation for a big game. All of the pre match coaching clinic will include a Harlequins player question and answer session that will allow all participants to take away some tips.
Guard of Honour
The Guard of Honour gives your group the opportunity to be in the thick of the action and experience the intensity of being on the pitch by forming a Guard of Honour as the players run out prior to kick off.
We would like all of our groups to be involved in our half-time activity by participating in a Lap of Honour around The Stoop pitch as well as having a squad photo underneath the posts in front of the South stand.
For more information regarding our Community matchday package please email us here.
In partnership with the Harlequins Foundation our Community coaches deliver a wide range of schools’ programmes all over the south-east of England in both Primary and Secondary Schools. These include the Premiership Rugby developed programmes with an educational focus such as Tackling Numbers, Something To Chew On and On The Front Foot as well as our own programmes that aim to support the development of Rugby. The rugby specific session can be tailored to your school and include both curriculum PE and afterschool/lunchtime clubs. All of our schools’ programmes are delivered by our RFU qualified coaches and can be tailored to the need of your school.
For more information regarding the Harlequins schools’ packages please email us here
One of the main aims of the Harlequins Community Department is to support the development of rugby across the South of England, we believe the key to this is to engage with and support all local rugby clubs in our catchment area. The 2016/17 season has seen us launch our new Community Rugby Affiliate Programme, there are 31 Rugby clubs involved during year one who will all receive the benefits that are detailed below:
- Player Appearance – One of the Harlequins squad will visit the Community Club. This visit can be used for a range of different events that is at the club’s discretion.
- Community Coach Visit – Two of our Community Coaches will visit the rugby club to deliver a tailored two hour session.
- Signed Shirt – Harlequins 150th shirt signed by the squad
- Coach Education – All coaches will be invited to attend a range of coach education session including practical elements as well as seminars and lectures. These sessions will be designed in conjunction with our Academy coaches with an aim of improving the level of coaching across the South of England.
- Surrey Sports Park Visit – All clubs will be invited down to watch the Harlequins train at our Performance centre at Surrey Sports Park, Guildford.
- Retail Discount – Affiliate clubs will receive closed group retails discount throughout the season
- Discount of Room Hire – Affiliate clubs will benefit from 25% discount on non matchday room hire at The Stoop.
The 2016/17 Harlequins Community Affiliate Clubs are:
Sutton and Epsom
For more information about how to become one of our affiliate clubs or different ways that our team can engage with your rugby club please email us here.