Matchdays at Harlequins
What better way to start a Harlequins matchday than by taking part in a bespoke coaching clinic for your squad? Here at Harlequins, we offer a two-hour bespoke coaching clinic on our outer fields with our vastly experienced and fully qualified professional community coaches. During the session, a current Harlequins player will head over for a questions and answer session with all the players (and parents!).
Guard of Honour
As part of your package, you could be taking part in the Guard of Honour, lining up on The Stoop turf waving Harlequins flags as all your favourite players run onto the pitch moments before kick-off.
Half time Lap of Honour and picture under the posts
Why stop there? As part of your package we would like to welcome you on the pitch to have a picture under the posts and walk around the pitch waving at the crowd.
A professional photographer will take photos of all the above to be sent out to you.
Throughout the year we also run numerous tournaments for different age groups. Please see dates below for tournaments we are running:
Land Rover Cup – This season the Land Rover Cup for U11 and U12 was successfully held on Saturday 28th October 2017 before our Aviva Premiership match against Worcester Warriors. Click here for a report of the day.
Harlequin Community matchday - Saturday 24th February 2018 Harlequins v Newcastle Falcons – Harlequins Tag Tournament for U7 and U8 age groups
How do I get involved?
As you can imagine, all of the above is extremely popular so to get involved please email the team here to check availability.
Harlequins Rugby Camps offer a fun and comprehensive coaching programme during school holidays across the South East of England. The camps are a great way to develop new skills, new friendships and a chance for you to learn to play the Quins way.
About Our Camps
Our camps are a specifically created programme underpinned by the Quins way, TRUE. We encourage all our participants to play with Tempo, to be Ruthless, to be Unpredictable and Enjoy everything they do. Furthermore the camps will promote the core values of Rugby: Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline and Sportsmanship.
Our camps are developed and delivered with the Harlequins Academy programme, by our community coaching team to cover all abilities and positions. If you’re a complete beginner or the next Mike Brown, our camps provide the ideal mix of games and technical coaching delivered in a fun, safe and professional rugby club environment.
There are plenty of opportunities to join one of our camps with more than 60 camps run throughout the season offering tag rugby for U6s–U8s and contact rugby for U9s and above. For both ages groups offering a full day, from 09:30 – 15:30, of skills, games and fun.
With more than 60 camps over the season we are able to offer a variety of camps for U6-U18 including holiday camps, skills clinics and our flagship residential camp.
• Affiliate Rugby Club Camps – two or three days for children aged 6-14.
• Girls only Rugby Camps – As part of Harlequins’ Women and Girls strategy we offer a girls only one day specific camp delivered in partnership with Harlequins Ladies senior squad.
• Skills Clinics – One day skills clinics hosted at The Stoop or Surrey Sports Park provide an opportunity for 12-18 year old aspiring young players to improve position specific skill sets. These camps are developed and delivered with the Harlequins Academy.
• Residential Camp – Our flagship six day residential camp at the superb Charterhouse schools provide the opportunity for talented young players to experience life as a professional rugby player. For more information click (here) – insert link for charterhouse webstory.
For the last five years we have strived to ensure we offer the best rugby camp provision in the country and are proud that 96% of parents would book their children on to a Harlequins camp again.
• High quality Harlequins coaching
• Access to exclusive ticket offers
• Harlequins gift to all participants
• Opportunity to attend a senior squad training session*
*subject to training and players schedule
Click here to read out FAQs
Community Partner Schools Programme
Our Community Partner Schools Programme is a high-quality rugby provision that is tailored to each school’s requirements ensuring it is adaptable and suitable for all schools whether the aim is to improve a current rugby programme or introduce rugby as a new sport. Our team of coaches are widely experienced in all year groups of school rugby from reception to sixth form enabling us to help the school achieve their sporting aims. We offer a variety of delivery options including curriculum cover, school team support and after school clubs as well as developing bespoke coaching programmes for each school.
All the Harlequins Community coaching team are handpicked and hold a current RFU level 2 coaching award, RFU DBS certificate, first aid qualification and undertake the Premiership Rugby working in community sport level 2 and level 3 safeguarding and risk assessment qualification. To ensure quality delivery of our session they have been developed in line with the TRUE Harlequins playing style. Working with both Harlequins’ Academy and Senior coaching team, our sessions will all be game related, player focused and aim to ensure the game is played with Tempo, Ruthlessness, Unpredictability and most importantly Enjoyment.
As well as receiving top quality community rugby coaching, becoming a Community Partner School gives you access to a range of potential benefits:
• Discounted tickets for all Harlequins matches
• Opportunity to participate in exclusive matchday activation including Guard of Honour, Lap of Honour, and photographs on The Stoop pitch
• Opportunities to observe Harlequins senior squad training
• Fundraising opportunities including signed balls and signed shirts
• Opportunities for player appearances at your school from Harlequins players
• Access to Harlequins Coach Education
For more information regarding how to become a Harlequins Community Partner School please contact the Community Schools Coordinator by emailing us here.
Community Club’s Affiliation Programme
We are proud to currently support 40 Community Rugby Clubs as part of our affiliate club programme. The programme aims to support the development of rugby in our community and provide opportunities to engage with a professional rugby club. As part of the programme there are a range of benefits each club will receive.
Community Club Visits
Being an affiliate club gives the Club access to an experienced team of community coaches. At least once a year these coaches visit each of the Clubs to deliver a bespoke coaching session to an age group or deliver a skills clinic to a section. Within these visits we can help with supporting your coaches with feedback on sessions or an exchange of ideas from outside the age group or club.
Accompanied by the community team each affiliate club has the chance for a player visit during the season. This visit could be used with the community coaching visit, a chance to be coached by a pro, or it could be used for a range of events at the Club’s discretion.
Each of our affiliate clubs receives a shirt signed by the current squad for the season. This can be used as a raffle prize for a tour or auctioned at the end of season dinner, whatever the Club chooses.
Along with sharing ideas and feedback at the community coach’s visits, clubs are also invited to a range of coach education sessions. The coach education is an engaging mix of practical and theory sessions on a variety of topics all delivered by Harlequins staff. These sessions are developed alongside our Academy to help to raise the level of coaching across the South East and help support your coaches.
Harlequins Team runs at The Stoop
What a greater way to support Harlequins and show off your club colours than to watch a Team Run before a match. At least once a season we invite all our clubs to The Stoop to watch a Team Run at The Stoop. This is a great opportunity for players to watch how the professionals train and prepare for a big clash. At the end, it is also a great chance for young players to meet their heroes with a short signing and photograph session with that weekends playing squad, a great way to get a memento for the season or last season’s club shirt signed.
Host a Harlequins Coaching Camp
As part of the programme each affiliate club will have the opportunity to hold at least one of our school holiday camps throughout the season and summer holidays. This is a great way to show what your club has to offer for local people or give your players an extra few days training run by Harlequins.
Along with the main six advantages of becoming a Harlequins affiliate club we can also offer;
• Matchday activity: this could be a community coaching session before settling in to soak up the atmosphere at a Harlequins home match or welcome the players onto the pitch as part of the Guard of Honour
• Community price tickets: for selected matches throughout the season you get access to discounted tickets, what a great day out for the Club
• Big Game tickets: Get the Club together over the Christmas break and come along to the greatest rugby spectacle of the season. Access to special price tickets, sit with your club and take over a block of seats!
• Discounted room hire at The Stoop: Why not hold your end of season dinner or a fundraising night to take advantage of 25% off room hire
Community Big Game Activation
The Big Game series, since its beginning in 2008, has established itself as one of the festive period’s biggest sporting events and the Harlequins Community network has been at the heart of the celebration’s success. Every year community rugby clubs attend Big Game in their thousands and are invited to participate in matchday activation engaging them in a day they will never, ever forget. Included in Big Game activation are the following events:
• Morning matches on the hallowed Twickenham Stadium
• Pre-game bespoke coaching clinics
• Question and answer sessions with Harlequins players in the Members bar
• Participation in the walking guard of honour from The Stoop to Twickenham Stadium
• Guard of Honour
• Half-time exhibition matches on the Twickenham pitch in front of 80,000 people
Big Game is a spectacular combination of world class entertaining rugby, off field entertainment, unique ball deliveries and stunning pyrotechnic displays that is the perfect opportunity for your club to celebrate the festive period together.
If you would like any more information regarding Big Game tickets or activation then please contact us via email here.